I came across this inspiring blog post on Tim Challies’s blog.
The writer gives 10 reflections from her journey as a mother and how a joyful attitude changes the whole atmosphere in a home.
Here are her 10 main points:
1. Fill the home with laughter
2. Realize a mother’s power in her home
3. Remember that work is a good gift
4. Read God’s Word as a family every day
5. Show affection continually
6. Celebrate ordinary days
8. Remember that joy is a moment by moment choice
9. Love one another
10. Pursue the One who gives joy
Nr 8 is especially challenging to me to realise that to be joyful remains a choice we make, and even if the day started out very bad we can still choose to be joyful!
I encourage you to read the whole blog here.